Wigan and Cronulla, the two 2016

England coach Wayne Bennett has vowed to lead Brisbane Broncos into the 2017 World Club Series. Authentic Justin Schultz Jersey . Plans for the annual clash between the leading clubs from Super League and the NRL were thrown into disarray earlier this week when Melbourne Storm officially withdrew.They were promptly followed by a host of other Australian outfits, who claimed it interfered with their preparations for the new domestic season. Wigan and Cronulla, the two 2016 Grand Final winners, will meet in the traditional World Club Challenge at the DW Stadium on the weekend of February 16-17. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. However, uncertainty surrounds the other two scheduled ties in the recently-expanded World Club Series following the snub from beaten NRL Grand Finalists Melbourne, who were due to play Super League runners-up Warrington.Brisbane had offered to host Wigan if they had lost the Super League Grand Final and Bennett, a long-time advocate of the international game, says he has already been in touch with Rugby Football League chief executive Nigel Wood to reassure him of his clubs commitment to the series.We would be keen to travel, Bennett said. I spoke to Nigel on Monday night and told him that the whole concept has got the clubs backing.We love coming over, weve enjoyed it in the last couple of years as a club and were also trying to host one here in the pre-season. But if that doesnt come to fruition and theres a vacancy to come over to England, we will certainly go.The other clubs have all got their reasons Im sure, but we dont find it interferes with our season really. Bennett also revealed he would have no problem selecting Australia-born players in his England squad Weve played in a Grand Final, gone over for the World Club Series and started the following year well, so I cant find a fault with it. Personally Id be extremely disappointed if we shared the same view.Meanwhile, Bennett said he would have had no qualms about picking Australia-born players in his 24-man squad for the Four Nations Series, even though he opted not to in the end.Twins Brett and Josh Morris, who have both represented the Kangaroos, and Newcastle Knights scrum-half Trent Hodkinson were among a raft of players linked with a switch of allegiance.I was considering any player that was eligible for England, whether they were Australia-born, Australia-based or simply English, Bennett said. It didnt faze me in any way.The speculation got out of control though. It was purely media-driven in this country, I dont know what it was like in England.At the time I said nothing about it but Ill pick the best 24 players to play for England in my opinion. If theyre Australia-based, I would have stood by that. Wigan Warriors will also compete in the World Club Series after winning the 2016 Super League Bennett has been able to call on the local knowledge of assistants Denis Betts, the Widnes head coach, and Paul Anderson, who was in charge of Huddersfield up to July, but insisted he had the last word on selection and defended his decision to ignore Hull *** Danny Houghton, the 2017 Man of Steel.I wasnt told who to pick, he said. I consulted with people I trust who are well-connected in the game and I watch a lot of the games – it made it a lot easier for me.They were my decisions and my decisions only. I see a fair bit of Super League; I have my own job at the Broncos but the games are shown Friday morning and Saturday morning here – and occasionally Sunday too – so I know whats going on.My job is to pick what I think is the best players and what we need from them. If Houghton has missed out then thats the reason why hes missed out.It doesnt take away from his wonderful achievement in winning Man of Steel – I didnt know I was supposed to pick him because of that.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the British Masters on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Saints sign Smith from Wigan Wigan sign Escare and Forsyth Walker to leave Hull KR Rugby League Set of Six Authentic Patric Hornqvist Jersey .Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have been neck and neck all season, with 17 points separating the rivals and double points on offer for the race.Tensions between them have spilled over during the campaign and the pairs fragile relationship was evident during Thursdays pre-race news conference, when Rosberg goaded Hamilton by advising him to race cleanly. Authentic Juuso Riikola Jersey. There was little fanfare, though, when the Yankees captain was taken out of his final regular-season Subway Series game in the eighth inning. Jeter watched the last four outs from the bench, pulled off the field during a double switch Thursday night as the Yankees held off the Mets 1-0.Italy, Spain, Iceland and Wales are all in action on Thursday as qualification for the 2018 World Cup gets back under way. There are nine European qualifying matches, eight of which are live on Sky Sports, including Republic of Irelands match against Georgia and Wales trip to Austria.Chris Colemans side are looking to follow up their opening 4-0 win over Moldova with another three points, while in the same group, Martin ONeills Republic of Ireland host Georgia, who narrowly lost their first fixture to Austria. Harry Arter (left) is out for the Republic of Ireland The Irish will have to do without Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter, who misses out with a hamstring injury.Two World Cup winners go head-to-head in Group G as Spain travel to Italy in a re-run of their Euro 2016 last-16 clash, a game the Azzurri won 2-0. The two sides sit first and second in the group respectively, following Spains 8-0 triumph over Liechtenstein and Italys 3-1 victory over Israel. Internationals: 10 questions Where will Wayne Rooney play? Can Gareth Bale shine? In the same group, minnows Liechtenstein will look to make lifee difficult when they host Albania, and Israel will aim to get their first points on the board when they travel to Macedonia. Authentic Michel Briere Jersey. . Two World Cup winners go head-to-head when Spain face Italy Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Euro 2016 surprise package Iceland face Finland, Ukraine travel to Turkey and Kosovo host Croatia, all in Group I, with the six teams locked on one point after the first matchday.Republic of Ireland and Wales supporters may also have an eye on the one other game in Group D, as Serbias talented squad travel to Moldova.Southampton attacker Dusan Tadic has been in fine form for club and country, and could be the key man again for Serbia on Thursday night. You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Sky Live: Rep Ire v Georgia Rooney key for England Sky Live: Austria v Wales Wales face crucial trip Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey JerseysWholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ‘ ‘ ‘

Add Comment
0 Comments (& A)

Your Comment/Answer

By posting a comment or answer you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.